Category: Compact series/Raytek
- IR temperature sensor range: -20 to 500°C (-4 to 932°F)
- Advanced feature set for OEM applications
- Accessories for air purging and lens protection
- 150 mSec (95%) response time
- Rugged IP 65 (NEMA-4) stainless steel housing
- DataTemp Multidrop software compatible
- Sensor status/self diagnostic LED indicator
- Adjustable signal processing
- MI3100 Series CQI-9 4th conform
The Raytek MI3 digital infrared thermometer represents a new generation of performance and innovation in continuous non-contact temperature monitoring for a broad range of OEM applications and manufacturing processes. Each MI3 infrared temperature thermometer is a two piece system with a miniature sensing head and separate communications electronics. The miniature sensing head can be installed in any system and outperforms much larger sensors, making the Raytek MI3 the best valued IR temperature sensor in its class.
The OEMMI3 version of this digital infrared thermometer allows direct digital communication with the host machine controller without the need for an additional communication box.
The innovative multiple sensing head interface, which can support up to 8 individually addressable heads per communication box, reduces sensor cost, simplifies sensor installation and applications troubleshooting, and provides the lowest cost per measurement point.
Explosive atmospheres at the workplace can be caused by flammable gases, mists or vapors, or by combustible dust. The Raytek MI3 ATEX/IECEx certified sensors can be used safely to monitor the right temperature in such explosive processes. All standard MI3 and MI3100 heads can be ordered with optional ATEX/IECEx certification. One specifically provided Ex-proof power supply can be used with 2 sensing heads.
The MI3 infrared thermometer is also available in a convenient DIN-rail mountable package standard with USB digital communications, as well as RS485, Profibus, Modbus, Profinet and Ethernet options. The DIN mountable communication box supports up to 8 heads and provides 4 galvanic isolated analog outputs.
- Automatic sensing head detection
- One communication box works with up to 8 sensing heads (lowest cost per measurement point)
- Calibrated, digital temperature output directly from each head for robust EMI immunity
- Standard USB 2.0 digital interface for remote set-up and configuration
- Standard optically isolated 48VAC/300mA relay outputs eliminate need for separate limit switches or alarms
- User configurable analog outputs (0/4-20mA, 0-5/10V, type J, K, R or S t/c)
- Adjustable Emissivity, Peak Hold, Valley Hold and Averaging functions
- Optional network communications module (RS485)
- Field Calibration Software allows user to perform on-site calibration of sensors, reducing service time and expense
|Temperature range||Optical resolution||Applications|
|-40...600°C||2:1, 10:1, 22:1||Printing, coating, laminating, drying/curing, paper, food, textiles, carpet, sheet plastics, asphalt, pharmaceuticals|
|0...1000°C||2:1, 10:1, 22:1||Same as above|
|-40...600°C||10:1||Same as above|
|0...1000°C||20:1||Same as above|
|0...1000°C||10:1||Same as above|
|250...1650°C||10:1||Glass surface measurement for tempering, annealing, forming, sealing, laminating, bending|
|500...1800°C||100:1||Semiconductor, metals forging, molten glass|
|250...1400°C||100:1||Ferrous, non-ferrous and unoxidized metals, galvanizing lines and steel annealing|