Cement Kiln Process Imaging System
Category: IR systems
- Integrated camera system detects kiln hot spots due to refractory loss, damage or wear
- Map entire kiln surface and display in real-time thermogram format
- Early identification of abnormal operating conditions, such as faulty flame position and shape
- Extend operational life of kiln and refractory
- Completely integrated monitoring of key kiln parameters
- 3D and Refractory Management software supports up to 4 linescanners
- “One brick” resolution hot spot detection in shadowed areas
- Fail-Safe “hot-spot” alarm outputs (PC independent)
- Interface with other programs via OPC
- Reliable fiber optics communication to prevent electrical interference (Lightning, grounding or EMI problems)
- Modular design simplifies installation and service
- Multiple level security settings
The CS210 is an integrated kiln camera system that monitors rotary kilns to detect hot spots and avoid costly damage and unscheduled downtime. Optional, yet fully integrated, accessories extend the capabilities of this thermal imaging system to include shadow sensing, burning zone monitoring, tire slip, fan control, refractory management and 3D real-time view.
Kiln shell temperatures are monitored along the entire length of the kiln providing an essential indication of the health of the refractory material. Temperature data for areas “shadowed” from the first scanner can be provided by up to 4 scanners or individual point sensors, and seamlessly integrated into one complete thermal image. Optional burning zone and tire slip monitoring can be integrated into the thermal imaging system, so that all information is displayed on one screen in the control room and all events are permanently linked in an extremely versatile, historical data database.
With the available options and accessories, the CS210 system expands to become a comprehensive kiln monitoring tool.
User-friendly DataTemp CS Windows® software provides easy configuration and startup. This CS system software runs on conventional PC’s, using standard Ethernet and/or COM ports. The graphic user interface is designed specifically for kiln applications, making it simple to setup and use, with little operator training required.
3D View and Refractory Management software options allow the kiln and refractory to be controlled and tracked through an integrated refractory management database and visualized by a user-friendly, live 3D view.
To insure reliable operation in even the harshest kiln environments, the MP150 linescanner, which is used in the CS210 thermal imaging system, is designed with a rugged cast aluminum housing and mounted in a robust stainless steel Environmental Enclosure. This enclosure includes an adjustable mounting bracket to aim the scanner along the kiln axis, a mounting rail permitting fast scanner installation, quick-disconnect fittings for air purge and water-cooling, and an easily replaced viewing window.